Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard flickering after the IOS15 update on majority third party messaging apps

I updated to IOS15 5-10 minutes after it was released in my country and ever since my keyboard has been very odd and glitchy. Each time I type and send a message the keyboard flickers (like it disappears for a split second and comes back, almost like a disappearing flash) And it keeps happening each time I send a message. It's quite irritating and buggy and killed the experience of the update for me as well.

Anyone else facing this issue since the update?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 8:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 3:31 PM

Greetings, hasi7h.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. We can understand why you’d want to resolve the issue with your keyboard flickering while using 3rd party apps. 

While you screen responds, please go ahead and complete the steps shown here: If the screen isn’t working on your iPhone or iPad 

Since you mentioned this only happens in 3rd party apps, these steps may also help: If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open 

You should also investigate to see if you’re using 3rd party keyboards: Add or change keyboards on iPhone If so, you may want to uninstall them and test to see if the issue continues: Delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

We hope this helps! Thanks for being a part of the community.

Sincerely.

80 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2021 3:31 PM in response to hasi7h

Greetings, hasi7h.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. We can understand why you’d want to resolve the issue with your keyboard flickering while using 3rd party apps. 

While you screen responds, please go ahead and complete the steps shown here: If the screen isn’t working on your iPhone or iPad 

Since you mentioned this only happens in 3rd party apps, these steps may also help: If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open 

You should also investigate to see if you’re using 3rd party keyboards: Add or change keyboards on iPhone If so, you may want to uninstall them and test to see if the issue continues: Delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

We hope this helps! Thanks for being a part of the community.

Sincerely.

Oct 20, 2021 9:53 AM in response to hasi7h

Hello All...I had the same problem with my iPhone 13 Pro Max while using Apple programs, e.g. Messenger. I performed a hard restart of my phone and haven't seen the problem come back. Hopefully that was the trick and wanted to share with all.

1. Quickly press and release the Volume Up button.
  2. Quickly press and release the Volume Down button.
  3. Press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears, then release the Side button.

Sep 30, 2021 1:23 AM in response to hasi7h

Experiencing this too! At first, the keyboard glitch happened on Whatsapp and iMessage. Now, it happens only on Whatsapp almost everytime I hit the enter button to send message!! Thinking if this is because of hardware or software? 😬 anyone knows how to fix this issue? I tried to restart my phone and reset the keyboard setting but it’s still there 🙄

Oct 2, 2021 4:30 AM in response to hasi7h

Yup still flickering. I didnt see a mention of it in the hotfix.

Either way its a known issue now.

"Keyboard flickering in iOS 15 appears to be the result of a software bug. Its cause isn't fully known, but the screen flashing effect is most prominent in third-party apps like Google Chrome. For now, the easiest fix for keyboard flickering is to simply avoid those apps until the developers can patch the software.4 days ago"

Oct 2, 2021 9:41 PM in response to hasi7h

I just got my iPhone 13 Pro Max 128gb and I’m experiencing this issue with WhatsApp and Google Chrome.

I got for my wife the same iPhone 13 Pro Max but 256gb version and she doesn’t have this glitch.

It’s a shame tough, I come from Android Galaxy Note 20 Ultra and this little glitch has been a terrible new experience for me in iOS. I hope they fix this soon.

Oct 7, 2021 2:52 PM in response to hasi7h

I havs Theo exakt same problem rymning on 15.0.1 nos and it starten Witherspoon iOS 15. Have in both on 12 PRO Max and also 13 PRO Max. Also its tje same with the original keyboard also so its 100% tjats its on apple. makes me hate this new phone so much cant use it atm. Its like having à stroboskope under the keyboard and Whitley i type it flashes all the timme. Know several tjat has this problem

Oct 9, 2021 3:10 PM in response to hasi7h

Hi I have this problem to and I understand that it happens in third party apps but the flickering is part off apple problem update as it will do it while on apple apps as well the problem is the iso15 update and there is no fix at the moment without a new update so it’s easier to run there a process of shutting down restarting factory restore bla bla bla which nothing works so I wish they would hurry up and fix the problem instead of blaming some other third party app

Keyboard flickering after the IOS15 update on majority third party messaging apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.