Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my trusted phone and number are not available how do i set up a new trusted device when I cannot sign in

Trusted Phone and number are long gone. So how do I sign into account that has 2 factor authentication?

iPhone 5s

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 9:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 9:11 AM

See the information in Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support including the following:

What if I can't access a trusted device or didn't receive a verification code?

If you're signing in and don’t have a trusted device handy that can display verification codes, you can have a code sent to your trusted phone number via text message or an automated phone call instead. Click Didn't Get a Code on the sign in screen and choose to send a code to your trusted phone number. You can also get a code directly from Settings on a trusted device. Learn how to get a verification code.

If you use iOS 11.3 or later on your iPhone, you might not need to enter a verification code. In some cases, your trusted phone number can be automatically verified in the background on your iPhone. It’s one less thing to do, and your account is still protected with two-factor authentication.

If I can't sign in, how do I regain access to my account?

If you can’t sign in, access a trusted device, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery to regain access to your account. Account recovery is an automatic process designed to get you back in to your account as quickly as possible while denying access to anyone who might be pretending to be you. It might take a few days—or longer—depending on what specific account information you can provide to verify your identity.

If you generated a recovery key, you can use your recovery key to regain access to your account instead. Learn more about using a recovery key

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2021 9:11 AM in response to Fat-Freddie-459

See the information in Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support including the following:

What if I can't access a trusted device or didn't receive a verification code?

If you're signing in and don’t have a trusted device handy that can display verification codes, you can have a code sent to your trusted phone number via text message or an automated phone call instead. Click Didn't Get a Code on the sign in screen and choose to send a code to your trusted phone number. You can also get a code directly from Settings on a trusted device. Learn how to get a verification code.

If you use iOS 11.3 or later on your iPhone, you might not need to enter a verification code. In some cases, your trusted phone number can be automatically verified in the background on your iPhone. It’s one less thing to do, and your account is still protected with two-factor authentication.

If I can't sign in, how do I regain access to my account?

If you can’t sign in, access a trusted device, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery to regain access to your account. Account recovery is an automatic process designed to get you back in to your account as quickly as possible while denying access to anyone who might be pretending to be you. It might take a few days—or longer—depending on what specific account information you can provide to verify your identity.

If you generated a recovery key, you can use your recovery key to regain access to your account instead. Learn more about using a recovery key

Sep 22, 2021 9:15 AM in response to Fat-Freddie-459

Read the article 'Two-factor authentication for Apple ID' (click here --> https://support.apple.com/HT204915 ) thoroughly. Various sections contain information that is key to you being able to set up and use a different telephone, Mac, iPad, or Watch to get a verification code you can use. You can also get one from an Account Recovery Contact. Failing that you can ask for account recovery.

"If your iPhone is your only trusted device and it is missing or damaged, you will be unable to receive verification codes required to access your account."

"If you can’t sign in, access a trusted device, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery to regain access to your account."

Read the sections about:

- Trusted phone numbers

- Manage your account. If you can still sign into your account, go to https://appleid.apple.com/ and add your new number, then sign out of iCloud and back in again on your devices.

- What if I can't access a trusted device or didn't receive a verification code?

And if necessary:

- If I can't sign in, how do I regain access to my account?

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - https://support.apple.com/HT204974

Get a code from an Account Recovery Contact --> https://support.apple.com/HT212513

Recover your Apple ID when you can’t reset your password - "If you use two-factor authentication and can’t sign in or reset your password, you can regain access after an account recovery waiting period." - https://support.apple.com/HT204921

my trusted phone and number are not available how do i set up a new trusted device when I cannot sign in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.