Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud+ Custom Domain to Catch-all

Hello,

I am have just transferred my domains to my iCloud+ and all is working well, except I cannot figure out how to setup catch-all.

I have checked cPanel and made sure that Default Address is set to forward to one of the verified emails.

When I send a test email, I get the following:

Address not found
Your message wasn't delivered to test{email-here} because the address couldn't be found or is unable to receive mail.
The response from the remote server was:
550 5.1.1 <test{email-here}>: user does not exist

When this was attached to a paid GSuite plan, I was able to receive emails for non-existent users. Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 11:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 10:58 AM

I've tried this option and found that you can send email from *@myicloud.com and it will be delivered.

But you won't receive email back, even if the recipient replies to the same message.

Can't decide if it's a bug or a feature. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Similar questions

11 replies

Sep 27, 2021 7:09 AM in response to mofofrombolton

One other strange thing I discovered, the catch-all does not seem work (*@somewhere.com) get user does not exist errors, however if I created a rule in iCloud mail settings Rule: To <bob@somewhere.com> forward to <bob@somewhereelse.com> seems to forward the email with no issues.

Seems a bit of a hack but works for me for peeps not part of iCloud family but still use the domain.

Sep 29, 2021 7:23 AM in response to mofofrombolton

Yes very annoying you can do it with any other provider in the world but not with one of the biggest companies in the world.

I’ve just come from GSuite with excitement but now disappointed maybe going back myself if there isn’t a way.

never realised you couldn’t catch all even with @icloud.com never mind your own domain. Glad I didn’t cancel my GSuite account but there must be a way.

Sep 29, 2021 2:08 PM in response to thatmagicguy

Yeah — it’s really frustrating. The one thing I’ve found is possible is to add a + after the name of the email address to effectively create infinite aliases to receive email at.

For example “john@domain.com” will receive mail sent to “john+whatever@domain.com”, even if that’s not set up as an actual alias within iCloud.

It’s not a catch-all, but it’s better than nothing.

iCloud+ Custom Domain to Catch-all

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.