Custom domain at icloud+ - User already associated with email

I have added my domain to iCloud+. One of the emails, I have transferred to another person ID. Since there was an MX error, I have removed the domain in order to setup it all over again. When I did, the error message is the user already uses that email. How do I make another person to use the domain?

Thank you for your help.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 25, 2023 5:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2023 12:31 PM

Hey there spartans79,

We'd like to help! As you mentioned there are a few things going on, including possibility something on the back end of the iCloud+ custom domain email system you may need to contact Apple Support about this. First, we'd like to rule out some basics, along with learning more about what's happening:

1. While iCloud+ customer email domains can be shared with others outside of your Family Sharing group, what exactly occurs when you try sharing it with them? You mentioned there was an 'MX error' but we're unsure of what you meant by this. The more details you provide, the better we'll understand what's happening.
  2. Sometimes unexpected behavior can be resolved with a restart: Restart your iPhone
  3. For your iPhone model, the latest version is iOS 16.7.2. You can verify this within Settings > General > About. In case you needed it, this link shows how to first back up, then update: Update your iPhone or iPad

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2023 12:31 PM in response to Community User

Hey there spartans79,

We'd like to help! As you mentioned there are a few things going on, including possibility something on the back end of the iCloud+ custom domain email system you may need to contact Apple Support about this. First, we'd like to rule out some basics, along with learning more about what's happening:

1. While iCloud+ customer email domains can be shared with others outside of your Family Sharing group, what exactly occurs when you try sharing it with them? You mentioned there was an 'MX error' but we're unsure of what you meant by this. The more details you provide, the better we'll understand what's happening.
  2. Sometimes unexpected behavior can be resolved with a restart: Restart your iPhone
  3. For your iPhone model, the latest version is iOS 16.7.2. You can verify this within Settings > General > About. In case you needed it, this link shows how to first back up, then update: Update your iPhone or iPad

Cheers!

Oct 26, 2023 12:41 PM in response to bruno75

Hi bruno75!

After a while it appeared the other user but without email. When I want to add an email again, it asks to transfer back from another user. I have transferred it back, and then transferred again to user, and it all works. :)

But thank you for the prompt response.

Cheers!

Custom domain at icloud+ - User already associated with email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.