Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Custom Email Domain - Move Address between Users

I want to move an address for my custom domain from one user to another - both are members of my iCloud family. I have deleted the address from user A, but I get the following error message when I try to add it to user B.

This email address is not available. Please try again with a different address.

Note - No messages have been sent by or received to the address in question.

Is this supported?

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 3:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 10:07 AM

Hello white-buffalo-09,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We want to help with Custom Email Domain with iCloud Mail. You can use these steps to add an email:

"Add a custom email domain

To use a custom domain with iCloud Mail, you need:

To add a personalized email address for a custom domain that you use with iCloud Mail:

• That email address can't be used as the email address for a different Apple ID. 
  • If you want to add a personalized email address that is used for a different Apple ID, you need to change that Apple ID email address.
  • If you delete that Apple ID, you still won't be able to add your personalized email address.

Learn how to add a custom domain for iCloud Mail on iCloud.com."

This Apple Support page has the full details: Use Custom Email Domain with iCloud Mail - Apple Support

If the address was already previously used with a custom domain for another Apple ID account, it might not be available to be used again with a different account.

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2023 10:07 AM in response to white-buffalo-09

Hello white-buffalo-09,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We want to help with Custom Email Domain with iCloud Mail. You can use these steps to add an email:

"Add a custom email domain

To use a custom domain with iCloud Mail, you need:

To add a personalized email address for a custom domain that you use with iCloud Mail:

• That email address can't be used as the email address for a different Apple ID. 
  • If you want to add a personalized email address that is used for a different Apple ID, you need to change that Apple ID email address.
  • If you delete that Apple ID, you still won't be able to add your personalized email address.

Learn how to add a custom domain for iCloud Mail on iCloud.com."

This Apple Support page has the full details: Use Custom Email Domain with iCloud Mail - Apple Support

If the address was already previously used with a custom domain for another Apple ID account, it might not be available to be used again with a different account.

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Custom Email Domain - Move Address between Users

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.