Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV (still) not searching Netflix but works for all other apps

I refer to this previous thread that would not allow me to post to . . .

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252374011?login=true

This issue still exists . . . when the heck is Apple going to pull their head out and fix this, not to mention so much else as far as their horrible user interface?!

The only thing I have found that does work, is actually being in the Netflix app, and use its search and if you have "allow dictation" on in Settings, Siri will work in the Netflix app search field and get you what you want. Way too many steps to accomplish what should be working right up front, but it does work.

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 4:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 1:32 PM

The iPhone icon to the right of your username signifies bits of your past activity on this site. It has no meaning for this particular post/​question. I hope that this ‘gamification’ construct gets some sort of overhaul one day, because it has its issues.

Similar questions

4 replies

Sep 23, 2021 11:02 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Agreed; they're doing it by design; and fat lot of good that does pretty much anyone.

Good to know, nonetheless. Thanks.

Just noticed - don't know why my original post, and this one, shows iPhone, while your reply correctly has TV. I chose TV in my original post, but did not notice it was incorrect, and don't have any way of changing it now. Argh.

Apple TV (still) not searching Netflix but works for all other apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.