Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV search function

Hi, I just saw an old thread from last year and I have the same issue:

“Q: Apple TV search function won’t search Apps for Titles-Previously when I would use voice search for a movie title or show it would tell me what app it was on. Now it does not. I even tried asking to search a specific app and it said the app did not have it (it did). Then I went into Netflix and searched with Siri and it still said it did not have it (it did). This used to be my favorite part of having an Apple TV. How can I fix this?”

(for example purposes, if I searched ‘Trolls,’ Apple TV used to say ‘open in: peacock, Netflix, etc.’ but now it only says buy or rent on Apple TV)

Apple TV HD, tvOS 15

Posted on Aug 13, 2022 4:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2022 7:58 AM

Search for content that is on Netflix only includes Netflix Originals, not licensed content, unless you search inside the Netflix app.

About Search on your Apple TV - Apple Support

Movie and TV show availability tends to be temporary on subscription services (unless they are Originals for that service).

Trolls 1 is currently not on Peacock or Netflix or other subscription service. Just buy or rent (iTunes Store).

Trolls 2/Wold Tour is currently on the NBC app (with TV provider plan). And also buy or rent (iTunes Store).

Trollstopia the series is currently on Hulu and Peacock TV.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2022 7:58 AM in response to Ammichaud

Search for content that is on Netflix only includes Netflix Originals, not licensed content, unless you search inside the Netflix app.

About Search on your Apple TV - Apple Support

Movie and TV show availability tends to be temporary on subscription services (unless they are Originals for that service).

Trolls 1 is currently not on Peacock or Netflix or other subscription service. Just buy or rent (iTunes Store).

Trolls 2/Wold Tour is currently on the NBC app (with TV provider plan). And also buy or rent (iTunes Store).

Trollstopia the series is currently on Hulu and Peacock TV.

Aug 14, 2022 7:43 PM in response to Urquhart1244

Hi Friend,

while I appreciate your insight on where to find Trolls I was simply using that title as an example to show what the Apple TV remote used to do when I searched for titles on the tv or movie section and even voice search versus what it does now. Apple TV used to show “open in” and list the apps that each title in the tv and movie section was available on (other than apple tv like Netflix, Hulu etc.) but they removed the feature a little bit over a year ago and / or my apple tv is broken and I hope it’s something I can fix because it was THE BEST feature apple tv had.

Apple TV search function

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.