Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imessage notifications doesn't ring on iOS 15

After updating my iPhone to iOS 15 all text messages notification doesn’t ring anymore if I wear my Apple Watch.

whitout the Apple Watch it is ok, as I receive a message my iPhone rings as always, but if I wear the Apple Watch the iPhone remains silent and the screens doesn’t turn on. I have to manually wake it up to check if I receive a message. This is soooooo annoying!

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 4:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 1:55 PM

Thanks for getting back in touch,

We understand you are looking to get notification alerts on both your iPhone and your Apple Watch. Currently, Notification alerts (sounds and vibrations) are played either to your iPhone or your Apple Watch, but not both. Until the notification itself is addressed on either device, the notification will appear in the Notification Center on both the phone and the watch.

If you'd like to see a change to this functionality in the future, you can let Apple know here: Product Feedback - Apple.

Have a wonderful day.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2021 1:55 PM in response to qazokm1

Thanks for getting back in touch,

We understand you are looking to get notification alerts on both your iPhone and your Apple Watch. Currently, Notification alerts (sounds and vibrations) are played either to your iPhone or your Apple Watch, but not both. Until the notification itself is addressed on either device, the notification will appear in the Notification Center on both the phone and the watch.

If you'd like to see a change to this functionality in the future, you can let Apple know here: Product Feedback - Apple.

Have a wonderful day.

Sep 23, 2021 7:14 PM in response to qazokm1

Hey there, qazokm1,

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. We understand that you are not receiving notifications on your iPhone while you wear your Apple Watch. We are happy to provide you with some information!

While wearing your Apple Watch, you will receive notifications on either the watch or the iPhone, but not both. The circumstances under which you will receive the notifications on your iPhone are when it is unlocked and being used. In other instances where the iPhone is locked, the notification will come to your Apple Watch only, unless the watch is locked with your passcode.

You can read more about how notifications with Apple Watch work here: Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support.

Cheers!

Sep 23, 2021 10:56 PM in response to Lindsay_B.

Thanks for answering, but, it has never been like this! I have Apple watch since the first release and I always received both notifications! With iOS 15 is the first time I don’t receive both and it looks more like a bug since sometimes the Apple Watch doesn’t vibrate either so I don’t get any notification at all.

Apple Watch should duplicate iPhone’s notifications, juke like it does when I receive a call.

Sep 23, 2021 11:12 PM in response to Lindsay_B.

I gave a look at the web page you suggested me.

it is not actually about notification, it is about the sound!

I know that if I read a message on Apple Watch I won’t find the notification again on my iPhone and vice versa, but until yesterday, if I was walking, with my iPhone locked in my pocket and I’m not looking at my Apple Watch, I used to get a vibration on my Apple Watch (my Apple Watch is always in silent mode) and hear the sound of the ring tone coming from my iPhone as I received a message (on iMessage or WhatsApp, it is the same). The both tell me that a message has arrived, then I choose to read it on my iPhone or my Apple Watch. And I see the notification only on the first device I wake up.

I’m talking about the sound and the vibration of the notification.

Oct 20, 2021 3:10 PM in response to qazokm1

Same or similar problem here. Without any discernible pattern my 13 Pro

either does or does not alert me to an incoming message. It may notify

me with a message tone and the screen waking to show the incoming

message, or it may do absolutely nothing. Apple Support wasn't any

help. Suggested reset all settings, which is a big pain, but I tried

it. Didn't fix. Next suggestion was a complete factory reset of the

device - HUGE PAIN. And still didn't fix the issue. Extremely

frustrating not to be alerted to incoming messages.

imessage notifications doesn't ring on iOS 15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.