Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

NoteSpirit crashed taking down several pages of notes while using it. Time Machine backup doesn't correct problem. Would installing an earlier IOS help?

Trying to retrieve lost pages of notes from when NoteSpirit crashed using current IOS (Big Sur 11.6). Should I install older IOS to get NoteSpirit running. 3 Time Machine backups have not resolved problem.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 7:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 7:18 PM

iOS is for iPhones and iPads.

Your Mac runs on macOS. Reinstalling the OS is no joke and a last resort.

Have you visited the NoteSpirit website for troubleshooting?

With regard to one particular app failure, one of their support posts says this:

"... The solution is easy: Please go to launchpad and remove NoteSpirit, and then download it again from Mac App Store. The notes should not be lost during this process."

I would suggest you delete the app, reinstall it and see if that solves the problem before thinking about reinstalling the macOS.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2021 7:18 PM in response to marshallfrombedminster

iOS is for iPhones and iPads.

Your Mac runs on macOS. Reinstalling the OS is no joke and a last resort.

Have you visited the NoteSpirit website for troubleshooting?

With regard to one particular app failure, one of their support posts says this:

"... The solution is easy: Please go to launchpad and remove NoteSpirit, and then download it again from Mac App Store. The notes should not be lost during this process."

I would suggest you delete the app, reinstall it and see if that solves the problem before thinking about reinstalling the macOS.

NoteSpirit crashed taking down several pages of notes while using it. Time Machine backup doesn't correct problem. Would installing an earlier IOS help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.