Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hearing aids streaming with iPad

I just updated my iOS to 15 and now I can not stream thru my hearing aids. I can connect my hearing aids but I cant stream anymore. What can I do to fix this ?

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 2:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 7:46 AM

Have you tried to select the hearing aids as the output device, while playing a video or a song? As described in the iPadOS user Guide for iOS 15? Use hearing devices with iPad - Apple Support

Even with my hearing aids paired with my iPad, I had to select the MFI hearing aids as the output device - otherwise the iPad would play the sound using its speakers.

"Stream audio to your hearing devices

You can stream audio from Siri, Apple Music, Apple Podcasts, Apple TV, and more. Tap in Control Center, on the Lock Screen, or in the Now Playing controls for the app you’re listening to, then choose your hearing device.

You can also automatically route audio calls to a hearing device."

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2021 7:46 AM in response to BentleyMyDog

Have you tried to select the hearing aids as the output device, while playing a video or a song? As described in the iPadOS user Guide for iOS 15? Use hearing devices with iPad - Apple Support

Even with my hearing aids paired with my iPad, I had to select the MFI hearing aids as the output device - otherwise the iPad would play the sound using its speakers.

"Stream audio to your hearing devices

You can stream audio from Siri, Apple Music, Apple Podcasts, Apple TV, and more. Tap in Control Center, on the Lock Screen, or in the Now Playing controls for the app you’re listening to, then choose your hearing device.

You can also automatically route audio calls to a hearing device."

Sep 23, 2021 10:38 PM in response to BentleyMyDog

You may need to re-pair your MFi hearing with your iDevice after a major update.

This can be done via the Settings -> Accessibility -> Hearing Device -> Select hearing aid and Forget This Device.

Once you have done this I usually reboot the iDevice and then re-pair the hearing aids again.

Also, if you have multiple iDevices with your hearing aids paired to them and have Bluetooth switched on then the other device may have taken priority to stream to your hearing aids, try switching the Bluetooth off on the other iDevice.

Hope this work

Sep 27, 2021 6:59 AM in response to BentleyMyDog

iOS 15.0 seems to have broken something with hearing aid streaming. Here is what I and an unknown reddit user found.

If you have Audio Routing set to Auto, your hearing aids might not stream audio. Set it to Always Hearing Devices and that should fix it. You can set it to Auto again after that, but if you turn off Bluetooth and back on again, it will be broken again. It will also break if you restart your device with it in Auto. This broke for me (and was fixed with the work-around) on both my iPad Pro 12.9” (1st gen, I think, 2015), and my iPhone 6S.

Settings > Accessibility > Hearing Devices > Audio Routing > Call Audio

(and also > Media Audio)

Hearing aids streaming with iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.