Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari is opening Google maps instead of Apple Maps

How to have Safari use Apple Maps instead of defaulting to google maps on a search?

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 11:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 5:27 AM

Hello Drew_7

Thank you for the info. I do prefer the Safari web browser with the google search engine as my main browser. I will use Safari for everything except directions now and have the Firefox App next to it and any time I need directions from a website or anything else, I use Firefox that has one of their web browsers that uses Apple Maps. Apple engineering is aware of this issue, however can they get google to put a option to either use Apple Maps or google maps in Apple Safari with their search engine is anyones guess

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2021 5:27 AM in response to Drew_7

Hello Drew_7

Thank you for the info. I do prefer the Safari web browser with the google search engine as my main browser. I will use Safari for everything except directions now and have the Firefox App next to it and any time I need directions from a website or anything else, I use Firefox that has one of their web browsers that uses Apple Maps. Apple engineering is aware of this issue, however can they get google to put a option to either use Apple Maps or google maps in Apple Safari with their search engine is anyones guess

Safari is opening Google maps instead of Apple Maps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.