Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Games can’t connect to servers.

On my iPad several games can’t connect to servers and displays Network Errors. From different publishers, for example PUBG, where the downloads on startup can’t download.

My router and internet speeds are fine since other iPads work fine.

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 11:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 11:56 PM

Hello Drew, thanks for your reply.

The problems persisted across multiple apps from different publishers.

After some network resets and other wifi settings I found the solution!

It had to do with the configuration of the DNS in the wifi settings, which I now changed to dns.google.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2021 11:56 PM in response to Drew_7

Hello Drew, thanks for your reply.

The problems persisted across multiple apps from different publishers.

After some network resets and other wifi settings I found the solution!

It had to do with the configuration of the DNS in the wifi settings, which I now changed to dns.google.

Sep 24, 2021 2:13 PM in response to Mirqus

Hello Mirqus,

From what you've shared it sounds like you're experiencing issues with specific apps on your iPad. If this issue is isolated to games with network features we recommend contacting the app developer directly for additional assistance. You can find those steps here: How to contact an app developer

We also recommend checking that your network settings mirror the guidance here: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

Regards.

Games can’t connect to servers.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.