Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Private Relay irritating issue...

Hello,

I am using iCloud Private Relay on my iPhone and iPad with iOS 15 and it appears to work perfectly. Except for one instance, which is one of the main instances I need it for.

My company runs a Kayako Helpdesk (old classic version) and with Private Relay on, when connected to Fastly or Akamai servers, it continuously logs me out when logged in. Every page refresh sees me kicked out.

Now, when connected via Cloudflare servers on iCloud Private Relay, it works perfectly and never kicks me out of the helpdesk at all. However, as it is my job to man and maintain this helpdesk, it is rather irritating as I cannot 'choose' Cloudflare vs any other 3rd party provider.

Has anyone else come across something like this where Cloudflare appear to be doing something right, and the other providers something wrong?

So far, I have only seen it happen on this one helpdesk platform. Ironic that it is my own.

Kind regards,

William

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 12:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 11:09 AM

Just an update, I found what was happening and how to solve it.

Whether by design or fault, non-Cloudflare servers kept changing their IPs with almost every page refresh. Kayako had a setting that logs you out if your IP changes. So, I changed that setting to ignore the IP changing.

Case closed.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2021 11:09 AM in response to WKirkman

Just an update, I found what was happening and how to solve it.

Whether by design or fault, non-Cloudflare servers kept changing their IPs with almost every page refresh. Kayako had a setting that logs you out if your IP changes. So, I changed that setting to ignore the IP changing.

Case closed.

iCloud Private Relay irritating issue...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.