Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screensaver doesn't work for Music

After the iOS 15 update, my screensaver doesn't turn on while playing tracks from playlists in Listen Now--just continuous music with changing album covers. It does come on for other static screens. Any ideas? I'm worried about burn-in...

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 2:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 4:03 PM

I'm worried about burn-in...

Burn-in could happen for continuous bright pixels on a fixed location. That doesn’t seem to happen with the Music app.

If you want, you can invoke the screen saver immediately by pressing Menu or Back while on the home screen. Use Apple TV screen savers - Apple Support

The behavior seems to contradict the setting for Screen Saver, to get shown during music and podcasts. So, it might be unintended, and I advise you to report it as such.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2021 4:03 PM in response to Charles Campbell2

I'm worried about burn-in...

Burn-in could happen for continuous bright pixels on a fixed location. That doesn’t seem to happen with the Music app.

If you want, you can invoke the screen saver immediately by pressing Menu or Back while on the home screen. Use Apple TV screen savers - Apple Support

The behavior seems to contradict the setting for Screen Saver, to get shown during music and podcasts. So, it might be unintended, and I advise you to report it as such.

Screensaver doesn't work for Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.