Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Keychain turns off after phone restart

Hi. I am running ios15 on iphone 12 pro. I am facing an issue with the iCloud Keychain where it turns off and not able to turn back on. If i signout of my iCloud account and sign back in. The keychain gets enabled and all passwords stored in keychain are synced but if i restart the phone, the keychain turns back off and will not turn on. I have an ipad pro on ios15 using the same apple id and this issue is not seen on the ipad.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 8:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2021 10:56 PM

I spent many days and hours with apple store and we tried everything from resetting settings to removing icloud. But nothing resolved the issue.

I was able to resolve the issue by Factory Reset the phone and then Restore from icloud back.

3 replies

Sep 25, 2021 7:42 AM in response to fahdaj

Hello fahdaj,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities.

If we understand, after updating to iOS 15 the iCloud Keychain turns off and you are having to sign out of your account and sign back in to get this feature turned back on again. And restarting your iPhone doesn’t change this behavior.

We would recommend reaching out to Apple Support by going to Get Support. They should be able to provide more insight to what could be causing this behavior.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help out.

Have a great day!

Oct 10, 2021 9:47 AM in response to SnickZ.

I reached out to Apple Support, and they instructed me to shut off iCloud, then turn it back on in order for my Keychain to work again. Unfortunately, seems like it shuts itself off in the middle of the night, because it is off when I check it first thing in the mornings. On at night, before I go to bed, shuts off (by itself?) during the night- have to shut down iCloud and restart it, in order for keychain to work again.

iCloud Keychain turns off after phone restart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.