Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

JBL live 650btnc not connecting

Hello, i have a problem with my JBL live 650btnc when connecting them to my macbook, first they will not autoconnect with my mac when i turn them on even after pairing them several times, so any time i want to use them over bluetooth i need to remove and pair them again, second if i pair them only with my mac, they will not control the volume, or play pause media, i also use them with my iphone and they work flawlessly. Now since i mentioned it above, because these headphones support multi device pairing, so they will autopair with my iphone, and then i will need to manually pair them with my mac, when it is connected to both devices, media control and volume works fine, this is also the case when i use them on a windows machine, they work fine, even when i only have them paired to my windows laptop only, and not my phone. The headphones are on the latest firmware according to their app, but still it is kinda annoying when this happens, i have the m1 macbook pro on big sur fully up to date, but this doesn't seem to work for me.

i saw it mentioned on another question here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252561942?login=true, this might be a support problem, or a driver problem, these headphones are designed for google voice and alexa, as they have it advertised on the box, but turning those off in the app, allows me to use siri without any problems through the dedicated assistant touch controls they have, so it is isolated on the mac, and no my laptop is completely fine, tried it with other pairs of headphones, works fine, does someone have a driver or maybe will it be added on newer updates, i tried the fixes mentioned on the other forum but they didn't help unfortunately.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 6:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 7:41 AM

HI rigozalli,

Thanks for the information. You've done a great job isolating the issue with the features, and hopefully they will update the software soon. It's possible someone else may have the same issue and hopefully they can provide more insight on this post. However, if there's anything you need in the future, be sure to start a new post to Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2021 7:41 AM in response to rigozalli

HI rigozalli,

Thanks for the information. You've done a great job isolating the issue with the features, and hopefully they will update the software soon. It's possible someone else may have the same issue and hopefully they can provide more insight on this post. However, if there's anything you need in the future, be sure to start a new post to Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

Sep 25, 2021 11:23 AM in response to rigozalli

Hi rigozalli,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having an issue with a third-party Bluetooth headset when connected to your MacBook Pro. We're happy to provide some information to get you in the right direction to assist.

You've done some great troubleshooting already. You'll want to be sure the sound settings are correct after pairing. If needed, the guide here can assist: Set up a Bluetooth audio device to work with Mac

If the issue continues, you can reach out to the manufacturer to report the issue and provide them with details. If needed, the article here may help you get connected: Contact a third-party vendor

You can also view the JBL Support page here: JBL Customer Support Center you might need to change the country or region based on your current location.

Cheers!

Sep 26, 2021 1:53 AM in response to OrigamiFan1

Hi OrigamiFan1,

Thank you for the reply, i tried switching the input and output settings from system preferences but it doesn't seem to do anything, they are selected correctly to begin with but when i try to change them, the headphones disconnect from the mac.

I visited the jbl help center and tried reseting them to factory default, apparently they can be factory reset, after that i connected them to my phone and laptop separately, and they seem to auto connect to my mac now on start up, they have some weird glitches with volume and disconnection the first 5 seconds, and sometimes they disconnect all the time, but that might be down to their software, wich might be designed to be primarily used with android, hence their google assistant/alexa support, although i haven't had any of these problems on my iphone as i said before, the app has the ability to update their software but there hasn't been an update recently, i hope they get an update that might fix this.

Thanks for the help, maybe someone else might have another similar experience with this model headphones.

JBL live 650btnc not connecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.