Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac mini 2018 /iPad air 3 compatibility of Elgato video capture

I wish to convert mini DV and Hi 8 analog video tapes to digital. Is it possible with Elgato?

Mac mini, 10.14

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 7:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2021 7:42 AM

I said nothing, nor implied anything about the integrity of El Gato. That is for your assessment alone. This is not an Apple issue, but one about the suitability of El Gato products for videotape to digital conversion. There may be other products, based on a search, that may be more suitable for this purpose, and I don't have videotape conversion history.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2021 7:42 AM in response to Gerry Harrison

I said nothing, nor implied anything about the integrity of El Gato. That is for your assessment alone. This is not an Apple issue, but one about the suitability of El Gato products for videotape to digital conversion. There may be other products, based on a search, that may be more suitable for this purpose, and I don't have videotape conversion history.

Mac mini 2018 /iPad air 3 compatibility of Elgato video capture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.