Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch connection problem with AirPods Pro

Hi guys. Friends, my problem is related to AirPods Pro and Apple Watch. Normally, when I put the AirPods Pro in my ear, it automatically connects to the watch, and that's how it was before. But now it doesn't connect to Apple Watch automatically and I have to connect every time through bluetooth settings. If anyone has this problem or knows how to fix it, please help. Thanks everyone.

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 8

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 2:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 7:21 AM

Hello eminmv,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand you have AirPods Pro that aren't switching to your Apple Watch automatically. We have some steps to check settings and make sure this works properly.

First, you will want to make sure all your devices are fully updated to the latest OS versions. You may also need to reset your AirPods Pro.

How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro

Switch your AirPods to another device

1. With your AirPods in your ears and connected to your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings > Bluetooth.
  2. Tap the Information button  next to your AirPods in the list of devices.
  3. Tap Connect to This iPhone.
  4. Tap When Last Connected to This iPhone.
  5. To turn on this feature again, tap Automatically.

All the best.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2021 7:21 AM in response to eminmv

Hello eminmv,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand you have AirPods Pro that aren't switching to your Apple Watch automatically. We have some steps to check settings and make sure this works properly.

First, you will want to make sure all your devices are fully updated to the latest OS versions. You may also need to reset your AirPods Pro.

How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro

Switch your AirPods to another device

1. With your AirPods in your ears and connected to your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings > Bluetooth.
  2. Tap the Information button  next to your AirPods in the list of devices.
  3. Tap Connect to This iPhone.
  4. Tap When Last Connected to This iPhone.
  5. To turn on this feature again, tap Automatically.

All the best.

Sep 26, 2021 3:06 PM in response to eminmv

Thanks for the reply eminmv.

Since those troubleshooting steps haven' worked to resolve the issue, the next best step is to work with our support teams. You can reach them through this link: 

Get Support - Apple

You can also contact our phone support directly through the number listed for your country at this link: 

Contact Apple for support and service

Take care.

Apple Watch connection problem with AirPods Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.