Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 15 makes phone battery drain fast.

I installed iOS 15 on my phone yesterday and my phone's battery has been draining fast since then. It's been over 24 hours and it hasn't gone away. It drains faster on Safari and Snapchat. I use an iPhone 6s which supports iOS 15. I can't remember if i plugged my phone in or not for the update, would not charging it during the update be an issue? Please help.

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 6:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 1:54 AM

My 6S runs iOS15 with no drain problems. If Safari and Snapchat use more power do you have any third party VPN or security apps installed? Does Snapchat or your phone generally have any link to iCloud Photos? Photos will always use more power to re-curate images to the new standards for a few days, and iCloud Photos will use even more. .

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2021 1:54 AM in response to Lr1102

My 6S runs iOS15 with no drain problems. If Safari and Snapchat use more power do you have any third party VPN or security apps installed? Does Snapchat or your phone generally have any link to iCloud Photos? Photos will always use more power to re-curate images to the new standards for a few days, and iCloud Photos will use even more. .

iOS 15 makes phone battery drain fast.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.