Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mail rules junk with multiple mailboxes

How can I easily tell which mailbox these point to? Clicking on "Junk" looks the same for each?

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 11.4

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 11:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 12:05 PM

Why not use the All Junk mailbox in the Favorites section of the Sidebar

and then use just one rule item "Message is in All Junk".

Then when you click on the All Junk mailbox you'll see the emails and they will tell you which account they are in:

Similar questions

6 replies

Sep 25, 2021 12:35 PM in response to SoCalMtnBiker

SoCalMtnBiker wrote:

Why not? Why does Apple hide these things? But I also use SpamSieve, but I can handle that separately if needed (don't have any at the moment, so will check later).

Thank you

Typically using a third party Spam filter like your SpamSieve— you would turn off Junk in Mail>Preferences>Junk

https://c-command.com/spamsieve/help/checking-the-apple-mail

Sep 25, 2021 12:36 PM in response to leroydouglas

Thanks. I haven't really dealt with how they interact these days. Years ago, Apple junk filtering was poor, so went to SpamSieve and for a while only used SpamSieve. Somewhere along the line (maybe a year or so ago), I ended up turned on Apple's junk. But maybe I'll keep a closer eye on how they work together. I also have some filtering from my provider.

mail rules junk with multiple mailboxes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.