Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 12 and 13 mini keyboard changes while typing

I bought a 13 because i was so annoyed with my 12 and i still have the issue. While typing and pressing letters on the top line of keyboard it randomly changes to numbers and symbols. Its 100 percent independent of the 123 button. Happens when i and typing no where near it.

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 4:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 2:01 PM

What troubleshooting have you tried? What iOS are you using? Have you spoken with Apple Support? I've not experienced any problems with my keyboard, however I do not have a Mini. Not knowing what troubleshooting you have tried, I don't to repeat things is why I asked. It seems you have experienced this on two independent devices, and since I've not seen this reported before, makes me believe it is something about your configuration, since it would be unusual for it to be on two unrelated devices like that.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2021 2:01 PM in response to danzigwolf

What troubleshooting have you tried? What iOS are you using? Have you spoken with Apple Support? I've not experienced any problems with my keyboard, however I do not have a Mini. Not knowing what troubleshooting you have tried, I don't to repeat things is why I asked. It seems you have experienced this on two independent devices, and since I've not seen this reported before, makes me believe it is something about your configuration, since it would be unusual for it to be on two unrelated devices like that.

Iphone 12 and 13 mini keyboard changes while typing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.