Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts not available

My new iPhone (refurbished) is not allowing me to ring some of my contacts ( those that have iPhones). It says ‘unavailable). Yet if I type their number in manually it then works. The number in contacts is right. I’m in a poor WiFi area. Is that the reason? I don’t understand??

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 3:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 3:22 AM

Hi

there are a couple of reasons for this

1. Your region on the iPhone is incorrect (Go to settings > general > region and make sure it is correct)
  2. You don't have dial assist on (Settings > phone > dial assist, while here also check your number is correct

It is always a good idea to make sure you are up to date when having issues also

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2021 3:22 AM in response to Amandamarsh35

Hi

there are a couple of reasons for this

1. Your region on the iPhone is incorrect (Go to settings > general > region and make sure it is correct)
  2. You don't have dial assist on (Settings > phone > dial assist, while here also check your number is correct

It is always a good idea to make sure you are up to date when having issues also

Contacts not available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.