Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ECG fails after upgrade to apple watch 8.0

I just updated my iphone to IOS 15.0 and my iwatch 6 to 8.0 and the ECG app, when I put my finger in the crown, starts a continuous beep and displays random lines in the ECG screen. It stops when I get my finger off the crown.

i performed resets of the iphone and watch but still persists.

Anyone encountering the same problem.

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 2:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2021 8:02 AM

For the rescod and to inform others who might experience the same problem

I finally got a workaround to this ESG failure in my apple watch series 6 watch OS 8.1.

I was instructed to disable the Settings > Accesibility>Assistive Touch function, both in the watch app on my iphone and in my watch. Then Reset the watch and make sure Assistive Touch is still off.

After doing this, the ECG function works ok for me.

I would expect that this will eventually be fixed so we can have both functions on, but for now I can use ECG and not having Assistive Touch is not a problem for me at this point.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2021 8:02 AM in response to javierfromvalencia

For the rescod and to inform others who might experience the same problem

I finally got a workaround to this ESG failure in my apple watch series 6 watch OS 8.1.

I was instructed to disable the Settings > Accesibility>Assistive Touch function, both in the watch app on my iphone and in my watch. Then Reset the watch and make sure Assistive Touch is still off.

After doing this, the ECG function works ok for me.

I would expect that this will eventually be fixed so we can have both functions on, but for now I can use ECG and not having Assistive Touch is not a problem for me at this point.

Sep 27, 2021 7:18 AM in response to javierfromvalencia

Thanks for asking about the ECG feature on Apple Watch.

Check here for availability in your region.

Make sure you are on the latest version of iOS and watchOS supported by your devices.

For additional help with the ECG feature on your Apple Watch, take a look at these articles:

Heart health notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Taking an ECG with the ECG app on Apple Watch Series 4, Series 5, or Series 6 - Apple Support

If you have any other questions please reach out to our team here: https://apple.co/HeartFeatures. If you believe that you are experiencing a medical emergency, please dial your local emergency services.

Sep 30, 2021 1:58 PM in response to javierfromvalencia

I had the same problem. Apple Support was not aware of the issue.

I uninstalled the app and re-installed it. Now there is no sound at all, no beep, nothing.

The support rep said her ecg has never made a sound, so I don’t know if re-installing was a solution or not.

At least the annoying warbling sound is gone.

Not pleasant when wearing AirPods Pro.

ECG fails after upgrade to apple watch 8.0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.