Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 15/ IPhone 13 CarPlay disconnects.

Recently got my iphone13 pro with IOS 15, as soon as I press play for Apple Music, CarPlay disconnects. The same with Sirius XM app; it won’t load stations and also disconnects if a station is pressed. All other Navi app on iPhone seem to work. It seems only apps that would stream music is having issue and disconnects CarPlay, both wired/wireless. Help

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 2:41 AM

Similar questions

15 replies

Sep 30, 2021 7:18 PM in response to angelterry99

Erick143 Said:

"OS 15/ IPhone 13 CarPlay disconnects.: [...]Well unfortunately there is no good news that came from the call this evening. There are several people experiencing the same issue and they are working on it and have no idea when it will be resolved.[...]"

-------

Give Apple Feedback:

If customers have spent hours troubleshooting this, well then so be it. But, if they don't report it, Apple will not know what is going on.

So, do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know what exactly is occurring.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on when you came across this issue, and how you have troubleshot it thus far.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Sep 29, 2021 10:18 PM in response to Erick143

Erick143 Said:

"OS 15/ IPhone 13 CarPlay disconnects.: Recently got my iphone13 pro with IOS 15, as soon as I press play for Apple Music, CarPlay disconnects."

-------

What to Try:

• Try pairing what while in park. Perhaps it is a security feature, in that you cannot perform this connection, unless you shift is

• Also, review the Driver's manual.

• Lastly, remove the device as a trusted device from the car, and try this all once more.

Sep 29, 2021 11:02 AM in response to Erick143

I have been speaking with Apple support everyday now since Saturday September 24. Unfortunately they have not found a fix for me yet but we have tried several. I have spent 8 hours total time on my own and with Apple trying to resolve this issue. I have another call tomorrow night after sending diagnostic logs to an Apple engineer. I'm hoping it will be the last call and I can listen to music again!!! FM radio isn't working for me!

Sep 29, 2021 10:07 PM in response to angelterry99

Here's something to try.

I searched through a few more posts on here, and found one having this same issue. Someone said to toggle EQ on and off in Settings - Music, and it worked for me. Make sure it's off. Some have been able to turn it back on, once it starts working, but I haven't tried that.

Very happy now. Hopefully Apple can correct this in a future update.

Sep 30, 2021 6:05 PM in response to TheLittles

Well unfortunately there is no good news that came from the call this evening. There are several people experiencing the same issue and they are working on it and have no idea when it will be resolved. I inquired as to what Apple will do for customers that have spent hours trying to fix the issue as well as paying $1200 for a product that doesn’t work. They do absolutely nothing. At least give gift cards for customers inconvenience or a credit, I mean anything. Extremely disappointed with this whole thing. I have 7 days to decide if I’m going to return it.

IOS 15/ IPhone 13 CarPlay disconnects.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.