Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shortcut to immediately record video in iOS 15 broken, not working?

The shortcuts that I had, and the new ones I tried to create that are like the "I am being pulled over" are no longer starting the video recording.

They do launch the camera app and select video, but they will not start the video recording without me pressing the record button.

I have the setting set to immediately record. Any body else seeing this. Any solutions?

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 10:41 AM

7 replies

Sep 27, 2021 10:23 AM in response to illusion513

Hi illusion513,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having an issue with Shortcut creations since updating. We're happy to provide some information to assist.

Have you tested running the shortcut with Siri? If needed, the steps here can help get you started: Run shortcuts with Siri, the Shortcuts app, or Siri Suggestions

If the issue continues, have you tried changing the screen orientation to see if it occurs in both landscape and portrait? Rotate the screen on your iPhone or iPod touch

Also, have any other conditions changed since noticing the recording doesn't start immediately? For example, any restrictions enabled, Focus enabled or third-party apps running that also use either camera?

Best.

Sep 28, 2021 8:36 AM in response to illusion513

Hi illusion513,

My pleasure. I haven't personally tried the automation. However as you've noticed the issue started after the iOS 15 update, and if none of the previous suggestions have worked you can double-check for any changes in the Shortcuts User Guide for the type of Shortcuts you've set up.

Should the issue continue, you'll want to reach out to Apple Support directly to further assist. You can reach out using either link below:

Contact Apple for support and service

Contact Apple Support

Cheers!

Sep 28, 2021 3:40 PM in response to illusion513

I noticed this behaviour too. Works fine with photo though.

Seems to a bug in either the shortcuts app or (hopefully not) something system related.

I assume this is something about the proper rights managment, since removing the access for the camera inside the shortcut does nothing (meaning the shortcut opens up the camera although it shouldn't or at least ask)

Shortcut to immediately record video in iOS 15 broken, not working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.