Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 pro - Pre - Order processing since purchased

when I pre - ordered my iPhone 13 pro, I was sent a "order confirmation" which is obviously normal for everyone.

I keep checking my order each day to see if anything has changed on it or not, so for the past nearly 2 weeks or rather 3 and a half weeks at this point it still says that my order is "processing" I completely and truly understand that I would expect this for a new product or iPhone, I also understand that a lot of apple's suppliers may be experiencing issues with parts for the new iPhones and other new products.

I would really like someone to tell me how long this should last for and when it should update, because I think this is a bit silly.

I hope that apple can speed up all orders for all the new products.

also could someone please get to the bottom of this question because if loads of YouTubers are getting the products EARLY???? so if they got the new products early to test out, why can't they just send out the orders for all the new iPhones 13, 13 mini, 13 pro, and 13 pro max, because that clearly isn't fair to all of us that they get the products early and that we all have to wait for ages to get ours.

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 1:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 1:51 PM

I'm sorry to hear about the delay in receiving your order. It is normal for your order to be stuck on shipping until it is shipped.

Due to the release of the iPhone 13 series devices being recent, demand is high right now, so I'm sure Apple will appreciate your patience. You can find out more information regarding your order status at the link below.

https://www.apple.com/shop/help/viewing_changing_orders

88 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2021 1:51 PM in response to MacbookAirRetina2015

I'm sorry to hear about the delay in receiving your order. It is normal for your order to be stuck on shipping until it is shipped.

Due to the release of the iPhone 13 series devices being recent, demand is high right now, so I'm sure Apple will appreciate your patience. You can find out more information regarding your order status at the link below.

https://www.apple.com/shop/help/viewing_changing_orders

Sep 29, 2021 7:52 AM in response to yujie288

Very few people just walked into any Apple Store on the 24th and walked out with a phone without a pre-order. Apple may have some limited stock for walk-in customers, but it's extremely limited.

You can take your chances and go to your Apple Store and be in line before the store opens and see if you can get the phone you want. If you can, you can cancel your order as long as it's not preparing to ship. And even then, if you ultimately get your ordered phone delivered, you have 14 days to return if for full refund.

The fact you ordered on the 17th doesn't guarantee you'd get one on the 24th. Millions upon millions of people hit order that morning. You'd had to have been poised to place your order at precisely 5:00 AM Pacific time. Even an hour later and deliveries were slipping out to what you got. And by that afternoon, deliveries were towards the end of October. They are now into November.

This is a very unique year.

• Demand for the new phones is higher than in past years
  • The Pandemic is causing manufacturing delays all around the world and not just for phones, but for anything requiring chips in them. This is causing issues for Automobile manufacturers to Appliance and just about everything in-between.
  • The camera modules are made in Viet Nam, and there are shortages of parts
  • There are forced electrical blackouts in China where final assembly takes place

Last year, I ordered iPhone 12 Pro Max, within minutes of pre-orders going live. My phone didn't arrive on launch day, it arrived 3 weeks later. Apple orders go in order of when the order was placed. People ordered ahead of you and you'll have to be patient.

Sep 27, 2021 8:36 AM in response to MacbookAirRetina2015

MacbookAirRetina2015 wrote:

just to be clear on something, if apple decides to give you a delivery date - so lets just say a iPad Pro, if they decide to give you a delivery date further in time from when you bought the iPad, that's when the "processing thing" should change for them as well, also if this is correct then this should also apply to my iPhone 13 pro Pre - Order.

Yes, but it will remain in Processing status, until it is actually Preparing to Ship. Not a moment before it is Preparing to ship.

You're getting a little too caught up in the status. To make is as simple as possible:

1. An ordered device will show as Processing when the order is accepted
  2. It will remain in Processing status and will not change all the way up to the date a device is actually Preparing to Ship. When it is actually preparing to ship, it's status will be updated as such, but not a moment sooner.
  3. Once shipped, the status will change to Shipped
  4. Thus, your iPhone 13 Pro will remain in Processing status until the date Apple is preparing to ship your phone to you.

Oct 4, 2021 9:06 AM in response to yujie288

you also need to understand a couple of major things before you think out of the box.

"The new iPhone 13 series iPhones, including the mini, regular 13, 13 pro, and 13 pro max are very high demand, and covid restrictions are resulting in manufacturing delays."

• There is a shortage/delay in manufacturing of camera modules and other major components for the iPhone 13's.
  • china is going to have a holiday, meaning your order process is going to be delayed/arriving later then expected.
  • the majority of the shipping status doesn't really mean anything, and once your order says that it is "preparing to ship" that means is is being transported into a shipping facility in china.
  • china is a long way-away, so your phone has to get made, then get sent onto a pallet with some other iPhone 13's, and then the pellet of iPhones including your's has to then get put on a plane and then get to England, and then put into a shipping box, and then its only a matter of a couple days/or potentially a week till you get your new iPhone 13.

So Just be patient while you wait for your order to arrive.

Sep 26, 2021 1:55 PM in response to MacbookAirRetina2015

It's not possible that your order was processed 2 or more weeks ago for iPhone 13 Pro, when iPhone 13 Pre-Orders didn't even go live until September 17th. That was one week and 2 days ago. When you placed the order, you were provided a window of when you can expect to receive your phone. What did it say? Apple is very realistic in their estimate of delivery and the order will stay in Processing, until it changes to Preparing to Ship. Your payment method won't be charged until the phone ships.

Sep 26, 2021 2:05 PM in response to MacbookAirRetina2015

Waiting is never fun when its for something you're excited about. You didn't answer my question as to when the delivery window is for your order? Apple will meet that window and possibly sooner, but you have to be patient in how the system updates orders.

Example: I placed my order for iPhone 13 Pro and 13 Pro Max, within the first minutes of per-orders opening on the 17th. I was successful in getting a commitment of September 24th for delivery. The phones status never changed from Processing until the 23rd, but they did finally update to shipped and I got the phones on the 24th as promised.

Sep 27, 2021 5:13 AM in response to MacbookAirRetina2015

There you go. It will stay in processing a lot longer. It won't change to Preparing to Ship, until it really is preparing to ship and based on your delivery window, that's between October 18 - 26. You have at least 3 weeks to go.

FWIW, a lot of people got delivery dates similar to your dates and they also ordered on the 17th. To have gotten the phone on Launch Day, you would have had to be online and ready to order, the moment pre-orders went live. If you weren't online at 5 AM Pacific, shipping times started moving further out within hours.

Sep 27, 2021 8:21 AM in response to lobsterghost1

just to be clear on something, if apple decides to give you a delivery date - so lets just say a iPad Pro, if they decide to give you a delivery date further in time from when you bought the iPad, that's when the "processing thing" should change for them as well, also if this is correct then this should also apply to my iPhone 13 pro Pre - Order.

Sep 27, 2021 8:24 AM in response to MacbookAirRetina2015

Since today is September 27th, it's no lie at all. Your order will remain in Processing status until it gets ready to ship. And your order clearly says your phone will arrive anywhere from October 18th to October 26th. That does NOT mean your phone is arriving on October 18th. It is expected within the timeframe listed. Expecting an order to go from Processing to Preparing to Ship or even Shipped at least 3 weeks from the arrival date is not going to happen.

You'll know you are getting closer to a shipped phone when the status changes to Preparing to Ship. It won't do that for a while because they don't have a phone for you which can be prepared to ship. Once the status changes to Preparing to Ship, the next status change will be Shipped. At that time you'll be provided a tracking number so you can follow the status of the phone as it winds its way through the UPS shipping system.

Sep 27, 2021 9:34 AM in response to MacbookAirRetina2015

You're welcome. I get it. Patience is not my virtue either. I've been on your end, endlessly checking the status of my item hoping to see some movement. I do understand the feeling, a lot!

Yes, just put this out of your mind for a while. In the scheme of things, it will happen in its time and the wait will have all been worth it.

Sep 28, 2021 9:43 AM in response to MacbookAirRetina2015

Same here, I called most everyday to check why my order still in processing, I placed order on the first thing morning at launch day, and 2weeeks still nothing, people went to store already get on the 24th, unfair, apple employee tells me, my order expect delivery date is October 8-18 and they will start preparing ship on Oct 8, I was so mad, i thought I will get on Oct 8, but they saying they gonna prepare that date, and took so long from China ship here, is forever

Sep 29, 2021 6:39 AM in response to MacbookAirRetina2015

even I get it on launch day, still in processing now, one of the apple service people says, they will start preparing shipment on the day the day that you think you will receive, I was so mad, for exp: my was Oct 8-18, they will change the status form processing go prepare to ship on Oct 8, and you will still wait for week or 2 for delivery to you. If they can't deliver on the 8 why don't they just say delivery date is 18 instead for 8-18

iPhone 13 pro - Pre - Order processing since purchased

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.