Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone Blacklisted

Hi, i bought an iPhone on eBay but after a few days is imei blacklisted and i cant no set it up in any usa carrier. cain i take it out or know who claim stolen so i can talk to the person and take it out

thanks

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 1:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 2:00 PM

I'm sorry to hear you have bought a blacklisted device.

It is likely you have bought a phone that has been reported lost/stolen, meaning it has been blacklisted from use.

The phone is of no use to you.

You should attempt to contact the seller and file a refund request on eBay if the seller's response is unsatisfactory and you are able to do so. As you are not the original owner of the phone, Apple will be unable to help you.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2021 2:00 PM in response to hdone04

I'm sorry to hear you have bought a blacklisted device.

It is likely you have bought a phone that has been reported lost/stolen, meaning it has been blacklisted from use.

The phone is of no use to you.

You should attempt to contact the seller and file a refund request on eBay if the seller's response is unsatisfactory and you are able to do so. As you are not the original owner of the phone, Apple will be unable to help you.

Iphone Blacklisted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.