Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 15 and how pictures from messages are in my camera roll

I just updated my phone to IOS 15 and I want to know how to turn the feature off that makes pictures from my messages save in my camera roll. I had under 3,000 pictures in my camera roll before the update but now I have over 3000 because my phone saved a ton of pictures from my messages that I don’t want.

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 3:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 2:04 PM

Hi haileenicole22,

We understand you would like to disable Automatic Sharing in Shared with You for Messages. This can be done by going to Settings > Messages> Shared with You, and tap Automatic Sharing or an app. Check out these articles to learn more:

Use Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Use Shared with You on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Hope this helps!

Have a great day.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2021 2:04 PM in response to haileenicole22

Hi haileenicole22,

We understand you would like to disable Automatic Sharing in Shared with You for Messages. This can be done by going to Settings > Messages> Shared with You, and tap Automatic Sharing or an app. Check out these articles to learn more:

Use Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Use Shared with You on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Hope this helps!

Have a great day.

ios 15 and how pictures from messages are in my camera roll

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.