Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

zsh permission denied

hi ,

I tried to access a file in desktop using its path in terminal (mac bigsur) however i was getting issue as "zsh permission denied "

i have given full disk access to terminal

~ % /Users/Desktop/android\ code\ /release1.1.6  

zsh: permission denied: /Users/Desktop/android code /release1.1.6

If anyone knowns how to solve this plz let me know

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 10:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 12:55 AM

You need to type the appropriate command that want to run and THEN drag the path, as it will be sn argument for that command.

For example:

ls /Users/me/Desktop

is one thing; you type ls and a space, and then drag the Desktop folder, and it will list the contents of the folder (“me” being an example, of course, if you drag your Desktop it will show your user instead of “me”)

But if you just drag without typing anything else you get

/Users/me/Desktop

and you will get an error, because you are trying to execute the folded as if it were a command.

You need to know what commands to perform like git clone or whatever (it is unclear to me, and besides I do not know much about git)

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2021 12:55 AM in response to nagasharif

You need to type the appropriate command that want to run and THEN drag the path, as it will be sn argument for that command.

For example:

ls /Users/me/Desktop

is one thing; you type ls and a space, and then drag the Desktop folder, and it will list the contents of the folder (“me” being an example, of course, if you drag your Desktop it will show your user instead of “me”)

But if you just drag without typing anything else you get

/Users/me/Desktop

and you will get an error, because you are trying to execute the folded as if it were a command.

You need to know what commands to perform like git clone or whatever (it is unclear to me, and besides I do not know much about git)

Sep 27, 2021 6:22 PM in response to nagasharif

I think you may have an extra slash "/" or backslash "\" in the path between the "code" and "release1.1.6" portion of the path. Are there any spaces between "release" and "1.1.6"? If you want to get the correct path listed you can just drag & drop the executable utility from the Finder window onto the open Terminal window to automatically populate the correct path for you. Or you can begin typing the path and using the "Tab" key to auto-complete the path until there are multiple possibilities which require user intervention to select, then type enough unique characters to distinguish the path you want from the alternatives so that the "Tab" key can be used to auto-complete another portion of the path.

zsh permission denied

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.