Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downgrading to IOS 14 from IOS 15, Does it effect the free warranty?

I wanted to downgrade my device to IOS 14.

Form what I've seen on YouTube and other websites it is possible but I had this question in mind if downgrading effects the one year of free coverage (I've had my device for 5 months, and that's why this question is impotent to me) ?

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 12:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 1:57 AM

As far as my knowledge goes, you can't roll back an iOS.

If you are relying on some Youtube videos or Jailbreaking methods then that is the ultimate funeral of the device and you will be solely responsible for any data theft or security breach.

3 replies

Sep 30, 2021 11:34 AM in response to SravanKrA

Yes, you definitely can and Apple allows it. You don't need to jailbreak your phone in order to go back to your old software. You just need a computer and go to a YouTube video that shows you how to go back using a computer. This will not void your Apple 1 year warranty. You can check your warranty after you go back to your old version of IOS by going to settings " General" and then " About". Limited warranty will still show COVERED.

Downgrading to IOS 14 from IOS 15, Does it effect the free warranty?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.