Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IMAP email disappeared (possibly after upgrading to iPhone 13/iOS 15.0)

My work email has disappeared from all my devices!

I'm in my office on Monday morning, open mail on my iMac and my inbox is entirely empty. I still have Sent messages and Drafts, but fours years worth of incoming messages have vanished. Checked on my new iPhone, and the same thing; nothing in my work email account. I checked the webmail interface in my browser; no incoming email at all. Nothing deleted or archived, just gone.

The last time that I know I accessed my work email was from my laptop at home on Thursday. I was out of the office Friday, which is also when I got a new iPhone 13 mini. Switched everything from my old phone Friday afternoon, everything seemed to go fine, didn't think to check my work email at the time.

I have other email accounts that are fine (gmail and my personal mail on a POP account) on my phone. I guess it could be coincidence, but it looks very much like my work IMAP mail disappearing coincided exactly with my setting up and copying everything over to my new phone.

Anyone else seeing mail problems migrating/upgrading to new iPhone/iOS 15?

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 2:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 3:18 AM

Add your email account and set it up again. It is a matter of less than a minute.

Make sure that all of your emails are there or make sure that your email is saved somewhere other than your device. On your device, go to Settings > Mail, then tap Accounts. Tap the email account that you want to remove. Tap Delete Account.

If you can't receive email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ...

If you can't send an email on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch

1. When you make an iOS or iPadOS backup in iCloud or iTunes, it backs up your mail settings, but not your email. ... 
  2. Make sure your device is connected to the Internet.
  3. Check with your email service provider to find out if there's a service outage.

More items...

If you can't send an email on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch ...

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2021 3:18 AM in response to tommyfrompenrith

Add your email account and set it up again. It is a matter of less than a minute.

Make sure that all of your emails are there or make sure that your email is saved somewhere other than your device. On your device, go to Settings > Mail, then tap Accounts. Tap the email account that you want to remove. Tap Delete Account.

If you can't receive email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ...

If you can't send an email on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch

1. When you make an iOS or iPadOS backup in iCloud or iTunes, it backs up your mail settings, but not your email. ... 
  2. Make sure your device is connected to the Internet.
  3. Check with your email service provider to find out if there's a service outage.

More items...

If you can't send an email on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch ...

IMAP email disappeared (possibly after upgrading to iPhone 13/iOS 15.0)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.