Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My M1 Macbook Air restarted itself twice in a row?

Hello, I got my Mac Air with the M1 chip today. While playing Counter Strike: Global Offensive, my mac restarted itself and when it opened up, I noticed the battery was down to %10. Then it restarted itself again. This time I connected the charger to charge the device and in like 10 seconds the battery was at %64. Also a mouse was connected through a dongle when all this happened.

So basically it crashed two times in a row and showed the battery percentage wrong.

Is my mac broken or is this normal? Should I return it?

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 6:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 7:29 AM

It happened again while watching some videos. It randomly shut down and battery percentage was %1 this time when it reopened, but I was not warned about battery draining and when I connected the charger, it charged up to %64 in a matter of seconds just like the last time.

Some other things you should know:

I backed up from a hard drive using Time Machine. My previous mac was an intel i3 macbook air.

Also I removed the dongle after this second crash, If it happens again then I know it's not about the dongle. (I saw some people saying they had this problem and that it might be because of the dongle.)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2021 7:29 AM in response to denizyenidunya

It happened again while watching some videos. It randomly shut down and battery percentage was %1 this time when it reopened, but I was not warned about battery draining and when I connected the charger, it charged up to %64 in a matter of seconds just like the last time.

Some other things you should know:

I backed up from a hard drive using Time Machine. My previous mac was an intel i3 macbook air.

Also I removed the dongle after this second crash, If it happens again then I know it's not about the dongle. (I saw some people saying they had this problem and that it might be because of the dongle.)

My M1 Macbook Air restarted itself twice in a row?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.