Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS Big Sur & Finder

So I have had this dream since at least Panther that the Finder will let you auto resize columns in list view as well as Column view. Yes I know you can resize columns in column view individually and there have been modifiers for that for a decade plus but even that is kludgy since as soon as you go to a new nested folder you have to do it again.

This seems like such a basic preference to have on to auto resize always. There were third party apps that did this that were killed off by Apple security. I had an AppleScript that did this for years for List View but under Big Sur it no longer works. Does anyone have any scripts or things that will allow this to happen that I can run from an application like Keyboard Maestro or any script launcher app? Resizing columns drives me crazy and is such a horrible Mouse Only Operation (MOO).

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 8:24 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Sep 27, 2021 9:09 AM in response to skillet

skillet wrote:

So I have had this dream since at least Panther that the Finder will let you auto resize columns in list view as well as Column view. Yes I know you can resize columns in column view individually and there have been modifiers for that for a decade plus but even that is kludgy since as soon as you go to a new nested folder you have to do it again.

This seems like such a basic preference to have on to auto resize always. There were third party apps that did this that were killed off by Apple security. I had an AppleScript that did this for years for List View but under Big Sur it no longer works.

Does anyone have any scripts or things that will allow this to happen that I can run from an application like Keyboard Maestro or any script launcher app? Resizing columns drives me crazy and is such a horrible Mouse Only Operation (MOO).

You can submit your Apple Feedback http://www.apple.com/feedback

macOS Big Sur & Finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.