Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sound from apps

iPad 7th gen (WiFi only) operating on iPadOS 14.8 No sound from any apps (except YouTube) unless headphones are plugged in. I have rebooted, reset, deleted apps, reinstalled apps, checked all settings, etc. None of these steps has altered the issue. I see many comments and fixes from the past, but none recently. Does anyone know of further steps or settings for me to try?

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 4:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 4:26 PM

Another website assisted in the fix. The 14 update to the iPad toggled the mute function within the control center. This function was not in the iPad control center but once it was added it could be toggled off. Apps now have sound. I don’t know if the 15 update will do same.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2021 4:26 PM in response to bryanr14

Another website assisted in the fix. The 14 update to the iPad toggled the mute function within the control center. This function was not in the iPad control center but once it was added it could be toggled off. Apps now have sound. I don’t know if the 15 update will do same.

Sep 28, 2021 3:44 PM in response to BigJer1

Hello BigJer1,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand there's no sound from your iPad, besides using the YouTube app. We'll be happy to help.

Excellent job with the troubleshooting steps that were performed. There are additional steps available that may help. Let's go ahead and follow these steps: If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker

If that doesn't help, we suggest to update the software on your iPad to iPadOS 15. Updating the software helps provides software improvements that may help: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Please keep us posted with the results.

Best regards.

Oct 4, 2021 9:34 AM in response to BigJer1

BigJer1,

Thanks for getting back to us and for providing that information. Since this is isolated specifically to the gaming apps on your iPad, we suggest following these steps: If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open

In addition, you'll also want to contact the app developer for your games to review this further. Here's how: How to contact an app developer

Kind regards.

No sound from apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.