Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why MBP set with airplay to Apple TV does not send sound

I don’t get it.

i have a Zoom meeting on MBP 2020 (macOS 11) with display on Apple Tv which send image correctly to my TV.

However, sound is not transmitted and remains on MBP!

i can see and select name of that Apple TV for airplay - sound output, but it changes nothing. (Must say that in the sound window, even though that AtV is highlighted, I can read “the selected device has no output controls”….. which is BS as that same ATV on same TV can play Netflix, or whatever of the ATV (although indeed I cannot control volume up/down with the remote control of the ATV or the TV)

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 5:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 8:49 AM

lanstrad1 wrote:

I don’t get it.
i have a Zoom meeting on MBP 2020 (macOS 11) with display on Apple Tv which send image correctly to my TV.

i can see and select name of that Apple TV for airplay - sound output, but it changes nothing. (Must say that in the sound window, even though that AtV is highlighted, I can read “the selected device has no output controls”….. which is BS as that same ATV on same TV can play Netflix, or whatever of the ATV (although indeed I cannot control volume up/down with the remote control of the ATV or the TV)

Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror the screen of your ...

Use AirPlay to stream audio and video on Apple TV - Apple ...

Stream audio and video from your Mac with AirPlay - Apple ...

if no resolve—

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line https://getsupport.apple.com/

or call AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2021 8:49 AM in response to lanstrad1

lanstrad1 wrote:

I don’t get it.

Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror the screen of your ...

Use AirPlay to stream audio and video on Apple TV - Apple ...

Stream audio and video from your Mac with AirPlay - Apple ...

if no resolve—

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line https://getsupport.apple.com/

or call AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

why MBP set with airplay to Apple TV does not send sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.