Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio Issues with FaceTime

Having issues with iPhone 13 pro max. Running most up to date software version.

Sound is barely audible only when using FaceTime video and FaceTime Audio on speakerphone. Volume is turned all the way up. No issues with speakerphone during cellular calls, audio play back from voice memos, or videos played in Safari or apps. Is this a bug or software issue?

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 7:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2021 3:10 PM

So disappointing to see that this is happening to so many people (including myself). One of the main ways of communication I use on the iPhone is via FaceTime, so it’s upsetting seeing how I can no longer have comfortable conversations due to the low volume. Hoping Apple addresses this soon.

49 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2021 3:10 PM in response to neiman02

So disappointing to see that this is happening to so many people (including myself). One of the main ways of communication I use on the iPhone is via FaceTime, so it’s upsetting seeing how I can no longer have comfortable conversations due to the low volume. Hoping Apple addresses this soon.

Nov 2, 2021 6:04 PM in response to neiman02

My wife had the same problem with her new iPhone 13 Pro. Technician at the Apple store solved the problem as follows:

1. Open settings and scroll down to Accessibility.
  2. choose Accessibility and scroll to Audio/Visual
  3. Select Audio/Visual. Confirm that Mono Audio is off and Balance is in the center position.

This resolved the problem.

Sep 28, 2021 6:05 PM in response to neiman02

Hey there, neiman02!

We appreciate you reaching out on Apple Support Communities. From our understanding, you’re unable to hear others properly when using FaceTime. We definitely can understand your concern about not being able to hear friends and family. We’d love to assist.

While the following articles aren’t specific to what you’re experiencing, they have some great general troubleshooting steps:

Cheers!

Nov 12, 2021 2:40 AM in response to neiman02

I have had the same problem since I upgraded from my Iphone pro max . I called apple and they are just having me record my screen over and over again. I had to call different people and what not . Weird thing is when I would use what’s app video it would work . Everyone else can hear me but I cannot with FaceTime . I have done many hours on the phone with apple . About the new iPhone 13 pro max has caused me so many issues I stopped paying for my phone bill . I used to have video calls from my doctors and they could not hear me back in mid October and we were using different platforms but in November I had 2 calls on the phone with my doctors office using video call time they could actually hear me so I think they’re going to fix- they had told me I was the only one that had this issue . I still try to FaceTime but it’s still doesn’t work .

Apr 22, 2022 6:47 AM in response to TA-1

1. Open settings and scroll down to Accessibility.
  2. choose Accessibility and scroll to Audio/Visual
  3. Select Audio/Visual. Confirm that Mono Audio is off and Balance is in the center position.

This resolved the problem.

Also when you set your phone so that your other Apple devices can also receive calls it causes a screen to appear that forces you to select options rather than to default to phone speaker.

Nov 15, 2021 9:42 PM in response to neiman02

I have tried all the steps also and had no luck. I went in to apple and was there for hrs with them to tell me it could be my lens protector. That was a shot in the dark and a way to get me out because I told them I had just got the lens protector the day prior and it was doing since day one. I have ran through all my settings and can’t find the fix.

Dec 12, 2021 7:40 PM in response to KP_43

Same thing happened to me at Verizon. The rep acted as if he never heard of this problem and even when i mentioned that several people that I know is having the same issue along with a blog full of people. He says yeah well that’s maybe 100 out of Thousands so I won’t say everyone. Ok smart ***…too many people who are having an issue with an expensive brand new phone. Fix it

Audio Issues with FaceTime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.