You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air, early 2015, 11".

The dreaded black screen -- for a while the charging cable (I have 2 and got same result with both) glowed green but I could not get the MacBook Air to do anything. Then the charging cable was orange but no amount of time charges it. I've tried all the various shift, control shift, alt control delete, etc. but nothing works. Is my battery dead? I guess I'm due for a new MacBook Air, hopefully with M chip. Or maybe it just needs a new battery. The MacBook this is coming from is mine -- my husband's is the one that's the problem.

HELP!

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 8:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2021 11:31 AM

ElleninUS,

Hey! Thanks for the update.

As for the exact cost of service, that can only be determined by a technician after an in-person inspection. You should set up an appointment for service with your local store or contact Apple directly for help setting up an appointment.

This guide can give you an idea on repair costs: Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 29, 2021 11:31 AM in response to ElleninUS

ElleninUS,

Hey! Thanks for the update.

As for the exact cost of service, that can only be determined by a technician after an in-person inspection. You should set up an appointment for service with your local store or contact Apple directly for help setting up an appointment.

This guide can give you an idea on repair costs: Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Take care!

Sep 28, 2021 6:40 PM in response to ElleninUS

Hey ElleninUS,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! We understand your husband's MacBook Air has a blank screen. We'd like to help.

Sounds like you tried some decent steps there. To clarify, can you hear any signs of the Mac having power when you go to turn it on, or does the keyboard light up at all? If not, then you're likely dealing with a power issue. See if anything here can help: If your Mac doesn't turn on and If your Mac battery won’t charge.

If the same issue remains, his Mac may need to be serviced. Take the Mac to your local Apple Store, Apple Authorized Service Provider, or contact AppleCare. See Find how to service or repair your Mac and Contact Apple for support and service

Best regards.

Macbook Air, early 2015, 11".

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.