Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch and IPhone 13

I have recently purchased the IPhone 13 and have successfully paired and connected it to my 6 Gen Apple Watch. However, it is not allowing me to unlock my iPhone with a mask on. Under Face ID & Passcode, I wanted to unlock my phone with my Apple Watch if I am wearing my facial mask. This is especially helpful for when I’m at work. But every time, I try to turn this feature on, it says that the Apple Watch is not connected to my iPhone.. but it is? I even tried unpairing my watch and repairing it and it still didn’t work. I also tried resetting the network settings on my iPhone and that still didn’t work. Does anyone know how to fix this?

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 9:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 4:00 AM

Apple have issued a statement recently that due to a software issue, unlocking the iPhone 13 from a Apple Watch might not work. A software fix will be issued to resolve this:

If Unlock with Apple Watch isn't working on your iPhone 13 - Apple Support

1 reply

Apple Watch and IPhone 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.