Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Serial Number Validity

About a year and a half ago I purchased an iPhone XR directly from an Apple Store. I recently went to check the serial number and it deemed it as “invalid” I have also tried every other number in setting “about” page. I even tried typing in the number instead of Copy & Paste, nothing. No problems otherwise but are there any possible solutions, or even just an explanation?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 9:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 9:19 PM

SsimplyRoblox Said:

"Serial Number Validity: About a year and a half ago I purchased an iPhone XR directly from an Apple Store. I recently went to check the serial number and it deemed it as 'invalid'[...]"

-------

Check your Coverage:

See what happens when you enter your Serial Number. Go Here: Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support

Contact Apple Support:

If the Serial Number is not showing up as it should, then contact Apple Support, as this may be a glitch in their database. Ask them where this all stands. They will run you through the fix.

Apple Contact Info:

Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due do lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2021 9:19 PM in response to SsimplyRoblox

SsimplyRoblox Said:

"Serial Number Validity: About a year and a half ago I purchased an iPhone XR directly from an Apple Store. I recently went to check the serial number and it deemed it as 'invalid'[...]"

-------

Check your Coverage:

See what happens when you enter your Serial Number. Go Here: Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support

Contact Apple Support:

If the Serial Number is not showing up as it should, then contact Apple Support, as this may be a glitch in their database. Ask them where this all stands. They will run you through the fix.

Apple Contact Info:

Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due do lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Serial Number Validity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.