Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error in MacOS Big Sur 11.6 update

I have macbook Air 2017 and I got update but while i am trying to install it shows error "Current device configuration and target is invalid for install in the current state. Please try again."

What is the issue and what is the solution for that?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 1:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 2:13 AM

Use wrote " Current device configuration and target is invalid for install in the current state. Please try again." - this type of error message seems to indicated the computer has Profiles installed on the computer.

Check in User and Groups - are you logged in as Admin Account ?? Are there other accounts with Admin Moniker designation ?? Is this computer Owned by a Company, University, School or Organization ??

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2021 2:13 AM in response to DeepakPurusharthy

Use wrote " Current device configuration and target is invalid for install in the current state. Please try again." - this type of error message seems to indicated the computer has Profiles installed on the computer.

Check in User and Groups - are you logged in as Admin Account ?? Are there other accounts with Admin Moniker designation ?? Is this computer Owned by a Company, University, School or Organization ??

Error in MacOS Big Sur 11.6 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.