Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad OS15 lag and slow after 5 days of upgrading

I updated my iPad 11 2018 to the iOS 15 and after 5 days it started lagging a lot. I see ghost colours and everything is really slow.

I tried to downgrade de iOS version, still experienced it. I tried to install the update again, no fix

What should I do and why is this happening? I don't think I have done anything to cause this as I still have over 200GB free

Thank you

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 1:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 3:44 AM

If you already tried (to no avail) a forced restart, and if you already followed the steps I provided to reinstall a fresh copy of iPadOS, I recommend that you contact Apple Support directly, using this link:--> Get Support , or make an appointment and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector

After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2021 3:44 AM in response to sumugz

If you already tried (to no avail) a forced restart, and if you already followed the steps I provided to reinstall a fresh copy of iPadOS, I recommend that you contact Apple Support directly, using this link:--> Get Support , or make an appointment and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector

After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

Sep 29, 2021 2:53 AM in response to sumugz

Well, a forced restart procedure is the first attempt to perform.

If the issue persists, the second troubleshooting step is as follow:

Something could have gone wrong during the latest update procedure.

Try to install a fresh copy of iOS/iPadOS. To do this, create a full backup of your iPad (1), then restore it to factory settings (you need a computer to perform this step) and, in the end, set it up as new (2).

When done, restore data from your previously made backup (3).

Follow the instructions provided in these support articles:

(1) How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch – Apple Support

(2) Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings – Apple Support

(3) Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

If the issue still persists, contact Apple Support directly using this link:--> Get Support

Regards

Giulio

Sep 28, 2021 3:02 PM in response to sumugz

Have you tried a simple hard reset of your iPad Pro?

For much newer, larger screen iPad models, without a Home button, try the new simple hard reset procedure for the new 2018/2020/2021 iPad Pros and the 2020 iPad Air 4 models.

1. Press and release the volume up button.

2. Then immediately press and release the volume down button.

3. Then, press and hold the single sleep/wake/power button You will see the Slide to Power off button, but keep on holding down the power button until you see the Apple logo, then let it go.

Once you have performed all the steps, wait for a few seconds and your 2018 iPad Pro will boot up completely to the iPad Pro’s Lock screen.

Also, what is the rated, internal data storage space/capacity of your iPad model and how much of this free, internal data storage capacity is left inside of your iPad model?

iPad OS15 lag and slow after 5 days of upgrading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.