Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

optimized battery charging

hi there , on my iphone 12 pro max this feature don't work ...., the settings are good so , location on , significant location on , system customization on ..... or this optimized battery charging it's only for night charging ? i have no notification on screen ,nothing and when i charge the phone it goes until 100% easy like a normal charging.... ( btw i charge my phone when it has 20% remaining battery no matter what if is day or night )

thank you !

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 11:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 11:34 PM

The way this works is that the alogrithm makes notes of your iPhone charging habits and then controls the charging rate over a set period of time. For example, if you charge your iPhone at a certain time of the day (or night) then it remembers the pattern and charges up to 80%. After that, it will charge up to 100% just before the iPhone thinks that you will remove the iPhone from the charger. Works best if you have a set time that you charge your iPhone for a longer period.

You said that you charge your iPhone when it reaches 20% no matter what time of the day/night it is. This will throw the Battery Optimizaion process off because you begin charging at a low level and therefore it is going to shoot it straight to 100% and especially when there is no set time. BTW, there are no benefits to wait till 20% to charge your iPhone on today’s modern batteries.

Axel F.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2021 11:34 PM in response to cristian-mihai

The way this works is that the alogrithm makes notes of your iPhone charging habits and then controls the charging rate over a set period of time. For example, if you charge your iPhone at a certain time of the day (or night) then it remembers the pattern and charges up to 80%. After that, it will charge up to 100% just before the iPhone thinks that you will remove the iPhone from the charger. Works best if you have a set time that you charge your iPhone for a longer period.

You said that you charge your iPhone when it reaches 20% no matter what time of the day/night it is. This will throw the Battery Optimizaion process off because you begin charging at a low level and therefore it is going to shoot it straight to 100% and especially when there is no set time. BTW, there are no benefits to wait till 20% to charge your iPhone on today’s modern batteries.

Axel F.

optimized battery charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.