Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Close-up photography issues iPhone 13 Pro

Hello everyone, I do beauty services for a living, so I take hundreds of pictures every week. After trying EVERYTHING, the resulting photos are all bad quality, over exposed, and just blurry compared to my iPhone 12! My iPhone 12's photos are obviously better. My partner, with iPhone 13 Pro Max noticed the same thing.

Posted on Sep 29, 2021 4:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 5:47 PM

I'm having the same issue - the image quality produced by the iPhone 13 Pro is terrible compared to the iPhone 11 - blurry, stretched, unusable.

This reply from Sharon_419 is fairly useless. The links are to generic articles that offer no specific advice for resolving the issues.

7 replies

Sep 30, 2021 6:56 AM in response to 9294apple

Hello 9294apple,

Let’s see if we can help with taking photos using your new iPhone 13 Pro in Apple Support Communities today.

Are you using the built-in Camera app, or another app to take photos? 

- If you are using another app, are the photos blurry when using the Camera app?

Are all photos blurry on both front and back camera?

Do you get the same results on photos if you use Zoom?

Take a look at these links and see if they can offer any suggestions you can try.

Reach back out if you still need help.

Take care!

Nov 17, 2021 5:03 AM in response to Sharon_419

I got my Iphone 13 pro max last week and having the same issues with the front camera.

pics and selfies taken are a mess, mostly happens in direct light or backlight on subject.

the pics come out overexposed and white or too dark and extra contrasted.

I’m thinking its a software issue (I’m on ios 15.1) or the automatic enhancement and not the Front camera itself.

I’ve tried locking the autofocus on my face and playing a bit with the exposure but its not a good enough solution since the AI still corrects and enhanced the images.

please fix this bug since it’s impossible to use this camera without editing and fixing the images afterward.

Dan L

Dec 13, 2021 8:43 AM in response to 9294apple

I'm having the same issue, noticeably specifically in my very close-up photos.

I sometimes have to take photos of checks sent by customers and I usually print the check faces very small to get a lot on the page. When I try getting a close in shot that will include all of the check details, the camera goes blurry and cannot focus unless I'm maybe 6" away, where the details become too small to see in the photo.

I have my older iPhone X here as my business line and it still is able to take these close-up photos with no issue.

I also use this feature to use my phone like a magnifying glass, but this is now impossible on my iPhone 13, though I can still do it on my iPhone X.

At this rate, my camera is so noticeably better on the X, I am considering switching back until this issue is fixed.

If I'd known about this issue, I probably would have gone with the folding Samsung I had my eye on.

Close-up photography issues iPhone 13 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.