Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have registered 2 phone numbers on my phone and am getting both messages. How do I remove the number that I do not use. The other phone is my wife’s so we are now getting each other’s messages along with our own

I do I remove a number in messages. I have my wife’s number and mine there so we now receive each other’s messages when someone sends either one a message.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Sep 29, 2021 5:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 7:00 AM

Hello, gibbiefromgaffney.

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities. We understand that you'd like to know how to remove a phone number used with iMessage.

Follow these steps:

Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime - Apple Support

Let us know how it goes! Take care.

1 reply

I have registered 2 phone numbers on my phone and am getting both messages. How do I remove the number that I do not use. The other phone is my wife’s so we are now getting each other’s messages along with our own

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.