Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn off the music in Photos memories? iOS 15

Very simple option but I cannot for the life of me find an option where it says "none." I believe in previous versions of iOS there was this, but clicking on the 3 horizontal dots does not give me this option.

Thanks for any help/solution in advance!

iPhone 13 Pro

iOS 15

Posted on Sep 29, 2021 9:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2021 7:02 PM

Please let us turn off the noise! The memories were a nice feature, but now I must not use them because my phone starts making unwanted noise!!!!!!!! The arrogance of the non-answers in this thread is unconscionable. Please restore “none” or “silence” as an option. It is my phone, not yours!

82 replies

Dec 8, 2021 2:40 PM in response to Superchango1270

This cannot be an option Apple, sorry! The photos app offers memories of some videos, for example, a rock concert I went mixed with some photos and the only options are boring musics. You must have an option to disable your defaulted musics so we can listen to our original videos’ audios. PLEASE LISTEN AND REVERT IT BACK! You sincerely ruined the memories part of iOS photos

Nov 6, 2021 2:17 PM in response to Superchango1270

Apparently, you aren’t allowed to be annoyed by this change in function and the the thought police delete any negative comments. I’m sorry I offended the Apple overlords.

Perhaps rather than edit negative feedback out of the loop, you can listen to the feedback and restore the “none” function on the music in the Photo Memories.

Thank you Big Brother

Dec 25, 2021 10:12 AM in response to Superchango1270

It is unbelievable that we can't turn off the pathetic music on photo memories! Are you kidding?? For the amount of money we've all spent on your products, we should not be forced to listen to music we don't want so you can get a penny every time it plays. Wake up and stop pushing OS updates with changes that no one wants.

Feb 9, 2022 9:05 AM in response to Superchango1270

I hate the new behavior. The great thing about the Memories feature was that it helped discover old photos and awaken memories. The mandatory addition of music is cloying and obnoxious. It tries to force a mood, rather than letting a mood emerge. This is particularly true when the photos are of dead people and pets. The times depicted may have been good, and revisiting them is welcome, but they are also, often, bittersweet. I want to feel MY feelings, rather than having some AI chosen music trying to drag me in a different direction.

I imagine some people like it. I might even choose to try out Apple's musical selections, but I don't want it forced on me. Right now I still have the memories widget on my home screen. I still appreciate seeing photos, but I'm also frustrated and traumatized because I know that if I heed my desire to click through I'll be irritated by the unwelcome music.

I've submitted feedback about this on Apple's site. I hope others do the same, since the people who made product decisions don't routinely read things here.

Apr 14, 2022 2:55 PM in response to Looking-for-info

Apple is not listening.

How many more people are irritated and feeling intimidated (for obvious psychological reasons. A certain percentage of people who are Apple customers will, just in statistical terms, have been experienced traumatic experiences in their lives, and this 'feature' will be triggering for them, causing distress and anxiety)?

It's distressing for me personally, and I wish Apple would just listen.

Sep 30, 2021 9:18 AM in response to Superchango1270

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities Superchango1270,

Thank you for contacting us. You have come to the right place and we are happy to assist you. We understand you would like to remove music from a memory.  We can understand why you’d reach out for a solution. We’d love to assist with this and the best way to do this is to leave feedback to Apple or use nature sounds or the similar. At the present time removing the music entirely is not an option that Apple offers.

Product Feedback - Apple

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities.

Best regards.

How do I turn off the music in Photos memories? iOS 15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.