Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

format change from .m4a to .mp3

I have a lot of songs in the .m4a format that I need to change to the .mp3 format to burn to a CD that will play in my CD player on my 2010 Honda Civic. Do I just change the format from .m4a to .mp3? When I tried it, the songs did play on my MacBook Air. Thanks for your assistance

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 29, 2021 2:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 4:42 AM

Sburech,

Are you sure you need to change the format? If you want to burn an audio CD (the normal kind that holds about 20 songs) then you can start from any format.

If you specifically need MP3s, i.e. to burn an MP3 CD (which will hold over 100 songs) you can create MP3 versions from your AAC (m4a) files per this procedure: Convert a song to a different file format with the Apple Music app or iTunes for Windows – Apple Support (UK)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2021 4:42 AM in response to sburech

Sburech,

Are you sure you need to change the format? If you want to burn an audio CD (the normal kind that holds about 20 songs) then you can start from any format.

If you specifically need MP3s, i.e. to burn an MP3 CD (which will hold over 100 songs) you can create MP3 versions from your AAC (m4a) files per this procedure: Convert a song to a different file format with the Apple Music app or iTunes for Windows – Apple Support (UK)

format change from .m4a to .mp3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.