Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync from iTunes

Why is that all songs from my iTunes on my computer gets synced into my iPad 8th but not to my iPhone XR? I do not believe that any of the songs are in another file is the answer to the issue on hand since my iPad is able to sync all songs ur my iPhone does not.

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 29, 2021 6:11 PM

8 replies

Sep 30, 2021 12:58 PM in response to knotmefromhi

Thanks for posting to the Apple Support Communities knotmefromhi,

We understand you're having some trouble syncing your iPhone, when you're able to sync your iPad without issue.

So members of the community can provide the most helpful and relevant responses, we recommend providing some additional information.

For example, how are you syncing music? Right from the computer using a USB cable, or Wi-Fi? Or does music from your computer get uploaded to iCloud, and sync to your iPad automatically?

Are both your iPad, and iPhone set up to sync the same way? That is, if the iPad has "Sync Library" enabled or disabled for iCloud syncing, does the setting for your iPhone match?

What version of iTunes is installed on the computer? What version of iOS is installed on the iPhone XR?

Additional information about your syncing options is available in the resources below:

Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer

Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music

Cheers!

Sep 30, 2021 8:36 PM in response to knotmefromhi

Thanks for getting back to us knotmefromhi,

Try this with just one of the affected tracks purchased from iTunes, as a test.

First, make sure the song appears in your purchases: See your purchase history for the App Store, iTunes Store, and more

Delete the song from your iTunes library, than download it again from purchase history: Redownload music

Sync your iPhone again, to see whether the song that was removed and redownloaded syncs as expected. Let us know your result.

Regarding changing your user name, the "Helpful answers" from the following community thread may help: Request to change username

Take care!

Sep 30, 2021 6:09 PM in response to knotmefromhi

Thanks for keeping us up to speed knotmefromhi,

It sounds like some, but not all of the songs from your computer's iTunes library, are syncing to your iPhone.

Do any of the songs that are not syncing to your iPhone, show an "!" beside the track name in iTunes on your computer?

How were the songs originally added to iTunes on your computer? Were they purchased from iTunes, imported from CD, or downloaded from another source? Do the affected songs seem to all come from the same source?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sep 30, 2021 6:27 PM in response to Nicholas_B2

Attn: Nicholas_B2

There is no “I” next to any song in iTunes. Most were imported from CD and other were purchased from iTunes app. Affected songs are both imported from CD and purchased from iTunes app. It is strange that iPad is able sync all songs yet iPhone. cannot.

Also I would like to. change my screen name from knotmefromhi to something else.

please help

much obliged

Sync from iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.