Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spotify Overheating phone on iOS 15. Regularly makes device too hot to even touch

Any amount of spotify usage on iPhone 11 Pro Max is drastically overheating my device and kills battery life.

Solutions? It was never this bad on previous versions of iOS and not has me charging my phone twice a day for what was once a two day phone

Posted on Sep 29, 2021 7:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2021 7:20 PM

If this is happening on Spotify, reach out to Spotify. Apple doesn't own the Spotify app. They simply host it on the App Store. It's up to Spotify to make their app work optimally on iOS 15.

How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

When you say overheating, you are seeing a warning message on your phone telling you the phone needs to cool down? If no, the phone may be getting warm, but it's not overheating.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2021 7:20 PM in response to _speedygonzales

If this is happening on Spotify, reach out to Spotify. Apple doesn't own the Spotify app. They simply host it on the App Store. It's up to Spotify to make their app work optimally on iOS 15.

How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

When you say overheating, you are seeing a warning message on your phone telling you the phone needs to cool down? If no, the phone may be getting warm, but it's not overheating.

Sep 29, 2021 7:28 PM in response to _speedygonzales

There's no setting you've missed. And since by your admission, it's not warning you the phone needs to cool off, it's also not overheating. Remember that any app which streams large amounts of data make the battery work harder. When batteries work harder, they generate heat. iPhone has built-in circuity to protect it from actual overheating.

Have you checked in the App Store to see if there is an update for Spotify yet? If not, reach out to them.

Spotify Overheating phone on iOS 15. Regularly makes device too hot to even touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.