Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur "New Tab" location on Safari?

On Safari, the "New Tab" icon used to be right next to any opened tabs one might have. Photo is from Catalina.

Is there a way to customize my toolbar to bring it back to this location for Big Sur? I want the position of the "New Tab" icon to be right next to the page (e.g. Google) I have opened, not all the way on top like it is by default with Big Sur.

Photo below is Big Sur

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 9:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 10:46 AM

I suggest a much faster way. I understand that it may a change of habits, but since your hands are on the keyboard... Command-T is the standard shortcut to open a new tab. I don't think I ever clicked that +, in either location.

3 replies

Sep 30, 2021 10:00 AM in response to ackattack11

ackattack11 wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/21db2965-8a7e-4d68-b8e6-f8fbecbd9e3c
The "New Tab" icon used to be right next to opened tabs. Photo is from Catalina.

Is there a way to customize my toolbar to bring it back to this location for Big Sur?

See if you can make some change

Customize the Safari browser window on Mac - Apple Support

Big Sur "New Tab" location on Safari?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.