Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big sur

Tried to update my laptop to big sur and keeps getting stuck on less than a minute remaining. I’ve tried restarting it with safe mode, recovery mode and reset NVRAM. Recovery mode just stayed on a black screen and the other 2 took me back to the less than a minute remaining screen once I logged in.

I have also been having other issues as for months my Mac has been running slowly and the fan only goes off when I close the laptop. It also does not charge when I plug it into the charger it says it’s charging but the percentage does not change and there is no light on the actual charger.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 11:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 1:07 PM

Sounds to me like you have some hardware problems that you need to get resolved before worrying about updating. Contact Apple directly for setting up an appointment at an Apple Store or information on a nearby Authorized Apple Service Provider:

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

1 reply

Big sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.